Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

  1. #41
    Inactive Member Seventy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    Yeh, I grew up on some of the most aggressive tv shows, movies, games, and what not, but I learned from my parents that it was all make-believe and that in real life, the coyote does not get back up on the acme rocket when he blows up.

    I think I am somewhat normal, despite all these "outside" influences of evil.


  2. #42
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    I don't want to be to controversial here, but you know, after reading a few posts in this thread, it makes you wonder if someone shouldn't at least have people check into a particular poster on here. I mean how many times do people say someone heard them but they never thought they were serious, but yet we had a poster here who said if they had the gun they would have done it. Not trying to down them and they may totally be just saying that, but I wonder how many people thought the same thing about kids who did things like this.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    I work with troubled kids everyday.

    LPDFTBL....you said it man, the crap going on today is totally out of control, and yeah you need to watch for warning signs. Just recent I PERSONALLY MADE A CALL TO NORTON (J I BURTON LADIES AND GENTS) and informed them of a threat that a boy was going to kill someone over something we see as stupid. You have to understand that when people get to that point things are not stupid to them, not what they are concerned about any way.

    Picking up the phone that day was reflex, it was easy for me to do the motions, but it was hard to realize what I had to say to a local school official. I do have to say that it was handled appropriately, Mr. Keith stepped up and did everything he needed to do, but don't think that it can't happen around here because it can.

    Mental illness is rampant through out the US, mentally ill parents raising kids, the kids may not even have a problem with paranoid schizophrenia, but let one raise him/her they pick up that stuff, there are such things as learned behaviors, poor coping skills, and let us not count out conduct disorders which will lead to antisocial personality disorder in many cases.....I am sure that anyone here who has worked or is working in the prisons have seen that.

    That guy that killed his great grandparents was not too old and that was in Jasper right?

    There have been other incidents too. Kids today lose respect too easily of authority if you ask me. They need help but they need to learn structure too, parents need to be parents and not "friends" (not that I am saying don't get along with your friends, but ummm there are a lot of parents that say "well I would rather they smoke pot with me than out on the street")
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  4. #44
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    It's a tough line to draw. I mean I remember back in the day saying to someone I was mad at "I'll kill you". Did the concept every enter my mind? Not for a second. If they had asked me I would have laughed my head off and probably made them think I was ready to knock someone off. We live in such a crazy word that you can't ignore those things but by the same token you have first graders being hauled in for kissing someone. I mean it seems like instead of finding the line, we try to find how far over the line we can go.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #45
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    no we have first graders being hauled in and charged for saying "I'll kill you" how many do you think would actually do it, seriously kids under the age of 8 have been charged for saying things like that. I beat the crap out of some girl in school, I got 3 days ISS, do it now Ken Spurlock will be knocking on your door, right after Elizabeth Wills lets you come back from good ol Highlands, it is crazy. Kids under 10 in detention for fighting and threats.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member 33_phs_33's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2005
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    i guess the world is coming to an end pretty shortly...

  7. #47
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    In today's world. The world may not be coming to a total end. But none of us ever know when our part in this world may.
    Just as in 9/11 and these shooting. We can be on here this morning, dead this afternoon.
    And possibly nothing that any of us did to make it happen.
    Folks, i know i probably ain't the greatest person to be saying this.
    But this country needs to get back to the basics. A good spanking never hurt anyone. Unless it was all out abuse. Some good parental teaching never did either.
    To many parent friends today and not enough parents.
    To the adults out there who read and post.
    I hope this don't upset you. Be a parent first, a friend second. Your child needs you more than ever today as a parent first.
    And if your child is having problems, get them help, talk to them, it is the best thing you can do for them. And if they won't talk. Look for signs of what may be going on in their lives.

  8. #48
    Inactive Member Jamie_Madrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2005
    Posts
    383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    hey i was wondering i've gotten a few mails and some of the guys on here were sayin stuff um.. you guys know i wasn't serious when i said i'd shoot somebody right? i mean yeah i hate people i dispise alot of people but i've never been mad enough to shoot somebody beat them within an inch of there life yeah but never shoot somebody im not that stupid i wouldnt through my hole life away just cause i got alittle mad
    Can you keep a secret? Well I'm afraid of the world because they want me to die, can you believe it?

  9. #49
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    Well like I said, you may have been joking or just thinking out loud but how many people probably heard the ones who did end up going through with it in the past and thought they weren't either.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member cats78's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Student kills 5 at school and grandparents

    You all need so real help (Jamie Madrox)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •